The Friends of the Sherborn Library are pleased to announce that we will be sponsoring our 45th ANNUAL ARTS & CRAFTS FAIR this year on Saturday, May 13, 2017 from 10am to 4pm. The Fair will be held outside, rain or shine, in a new location, Jameson Fields, located in the heart of Sherborn, on Pine Hill Lane, at the intersection of Route 16 and Route 27. The new space will allow for all of the vendors, dining, and children’s activities to be in one central location, which will be more convenient and fun for all. As always, admission and parking are free to all fair-goers.
With our new location, we can accommodate 100+ exhibitors; but applications must be received by April 1st (has been extended from original deadline of March 15th), 2017 for consideration. This is a juried fair, and applicants will be notified of the jurys' decision on their application. A jury of Friends of the Sherborn Library Board Members will carefully review all applications to ensure acceptance of a balanced representation of applying arts and crafts exhibitors. Kindly read and follow the guidelines listed below to assist with selection process:
- Original Artwork and Handcrafted items ONLY, please.
- Print, complete, and mail the Exhibitor Application Form.
- All applicants MUST submit a photo (and/or sample) of their work and booth design. If preferred, photo images may be sent via e-mail to the contact listed below. All photos and photo images MUST be clearly labeled with the Exhibitor's name and contact information. If you have a variety of craft items, please enclose a sample of all of them in your photos. NOTE: All photos will be returned to accepted Exhibitors on the day of the fair; photos from all other applicants will be returned via mail ONLY if an appropriately sized, self-addressed, AND stamped envelope is included with the application.
- All Exhibitors selling food products, including prepared foods, MUST include proof of current local Board of Health certification. Please submit photocopy of current certificate with Board of Health application.
- Exhibitors are requested to please submit a brief biography for pre-fair publicity.
- A $100 Registration Fee (non-refundable upon acceptance) is required for a 10' x10' space. Checks should be made payable to Friends of the Sherborn Library.
- Exhibitors must provide their own booth equipment:
* Table length and canopies must not exceed ten feet to ensure safe customer traffic flow.
* If additional space is required, you will be billed proportionally for it.
* We are not able to provide electrical service capabilities to Exhibitors.
* For planning and placement considerations, please indicate on the application whether or not you plan to use a 10' x 10' canopy (your own).
* We encourage you to consider demonstrating your art medium or craft in your booth during the fair as this adds to the craftsmanship theme of the fair.
This event is widely publicized and highly anticipated by local communities throughout Metro-West Boston and has always been well attended thanks to our fantastically talented crafters. We are looking forward to another very successful fair!
For more information please contact Sarah Benedict, Hannah Ireland, or Erin Carroll at
or visit Sherborn Library website: http://library.sherbornma.org/fair.html.
Sarah Benedict and Hannah Ireland
Sherborn Arts & Crafts Fair 2017
Friends of the Sherborn Library